So, you're well into your last month of pregnancy and you're wondering what to pack for that final trip to the hospital in your labor bag. Below are some handy suggestions of what to include (and not to include) in your hospital bag. The most important thing is to try to be as prepared as possible and remain calm when it's time to head out to the hospital.
What to Bring ?
For You: Labor and Delivery….
• Your ID, insurance card and any hospital paperwork you might need
• Your birth plan
• A bathrobe and a nightgown
• Socks and slippers
• Massage oils and tools to help relieve shoulder and back tension
• Lip balm
• Pillows from home to help you stay comfortable
• Magazines, books, tablets and any other source of entertainment to keep you entertained while you're waiting for that final labor moment
• Your Camera and Camcorder: if you decide not to use your phone to record the event
For You…. After Delivery
• Maternity Pads: Try our Fine Care® Fem Pads OR our Lady and Baby Maternity Pads
• A few changes of clothes, socks and a few comfortable underwears
• Nursing bras and pads (preferably the washable, soft type)
• Personal hygiene items (shampoo, pads, etc.)
• Your eyeglasses if you wear any. If you use eye contacts you might still want to get your glasses, which will be more comfortable to use
• Toiletries such as a toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, a brush and comb, and maybe some blush or lipstick
• Your phone and chargers
• Special foods, drinks or snacks
• Your breastfeeding book
• A list of the people you wish to call when the baby is born
For Your Baby….
• Bodysuits, socks and booties
• A "going home" outfit
• A baby blanket
• A car seat with instructions
• Fine Baby® Newborn Diapers
What Not to Bring
• Jewelry, which at this point won't be useful and might be stolen
• Large amounts of cash, your credit cards, or any other valuables
• Work. That's right; some mothers will bring work with them, or might continue to make work calls until the last moment. We highly recommend against this!